Import / Transit Requirements for Cats and Dogs into China
Age Of Animal
Dogs and cats under age 4 months, cannot enter China.
A microchip should be implanted before or at the same time of the rabies vaccination.
A valid rabies vaccination is required, the vaccination has to be older than 30 days and not older than 1 year prior to departure.
Normal Canine and Feline vaccinations
Annual canine and feline vaccinations are recommended. Kennel cough vaccinations and snuffles vaccinations for cats are also recommended, should your pet require boarding before or after they travel all reputable kennels would insist that you produce a valid vaccination certificate.
Health Certificate (Valid for 10 days)
The pets have to be accompanied by a health certificate issued by a private veterinarian certifying compliance with the above requirements and this Health Certificate must be stamped & signed by the SA State Vet. The Health certificate must be done within 7 days of travel.
~ Our clients will be supplied with the correct & filled in Heath Certificate.
- Kindly make sure all the docs of pet must under client’s full passport name.
- Besides the pet’s documentation, it is required from the pet’s owner:
- Original passport is required for the customs clearance
- A copy of your boarding card or flight itinerary to China
- Beijing-Accordingly the customs regulation of Beijing, The pets must arrive at Beijing airport within 1 month after the owner entry to China. If more than 1 month, we have to apply the customs form before clear the pets.
- Shanghai-Accordingly the customs regulation of Shanghai, The pets must arrive at Shanghai airport within 14 days after the owner entry to China.
- Guangzhou-Accordingly the customs regulation of Guangzhou, The pets must arrive at Guangzhou airport at the same day & same flight as owner.
- Chengdu/Chongqing-Accordingly the customs regulation of Chengdu, The pets must arrive at Chengdu airport within 3 months after the owner entry to China.